November 9, 2011
We are pleased to announce that CiNii was renewed.
Following two new functions are now available.
- "CiNii Books" was launched
CiNii Books is a service that enables searching of information on books and journals that are held in university libraries in Japan. It is possible to search for about 10 million titles held in 1200 university libraries (totaled over 100 million books), and about 1.5 million authors of these books that has been accumulated through the online cataloging system (NACSIS-CAT) which NII provides.
The Existing article search service CiNii was renamed "CiNii Articles", and the part of design has been renewed.
Features of CiNii Books
- CiNii Books contains wide variety of books - recent books, classics, foreign books, CD, DVD,etc.
- Users can check the list of libraries in Japan holding the books or journals they are searching for. It is possible to retrieve it by limiting specific areas and libraries.
- Directly linking to the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) page of university libraries from book or journal page enables users to search for the details such as whether it is available now.
- If the full text is provided by CiNii Articles, users can follow the link to the full text documents.
- Offering Web APIs（Application Program Interface）are available from other systems and web services.
For details about CiNii Books, please check the page below.
Help of CiNii Books (Japanese)
- Full Text Search (beta ver.) was launched
The full text search function (beta ver.) to search within the full text document provided by CiNii Articles is now available.
For details about Full Text Search, please check the page below.
Help of full text search (Japanese)
English version of help pages about new functions are in the make and will be up soon.