The following new functions are available on CiNii Articles from Oct. 29 (Tue.).
1. API now supports JSON-LD
JSON-LD API (Beta ver.) for CiNii Articles is now available as well as CiNii Books in addition to OpenSearch(RSS1.0, Atom1.0) and RDF which are already provided. JSON-LD is a specification which expresses Linked Data in JSON format and currently under development by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). (*For JSON-LD API for CiNii Books, please see "New functions of CiNii Books: description and contents search, displaying author name transcription, supporting JSON-LD format and cross-domain asynchronous communication by API. (Oct 18, 2013)")
This API is based on the specification as of September 10, 2013 "JSON-LD 1.0 A JSON-based Serialization for Linked Data W3C Candidate Recommendation 10 September 2013".
The query and response specification are compatible with OpenSearch and RDF. You can get JSON-LD data by specifying JSON as response format.
How to get OpenSearch response in JSON-LD format
- Send a parameter "format" in the request with a value of "json".
- JSON-LD is supported by All APIs of CiNii Articles OpenSearch for "Articles", "Authors", and "Full text".
- Query example : Request for search results of articles containing "informatics" in the title in JSON-LD format. -> http://ci.nii.ac.jp/opensearch/search?title=%22%E6%83%85%E5%A0%B1%E5%AD%A6%22&format=json
How to get RDF response in JSON-LD format
- Append ".json" to the end of the CiNii Articles URL and send a request.
- JSON-LD is supported by APIs of CiNii Articles RDF for "Articles" and "Authors".
- Query example: Request to acquire the information on the Article "Activities to realize open government with linked open data" in JSON-LD format. -> http://ci.nii.ac.jp/naid/110007891128.json
- Details page about the request and response specification of JSON-LD API(Beta ver.) is now in preparation. Thank you for your patience.
- Please be advised that the request and response specification of "Beta ver." may be subject to change by JSON-LD specification update or user opinions.
About details of JSON-LD, see the following Page
- JSON-LD 1.0 A JSON-based Serialization for Linked Data W3C Candidate Recommendation 10 September 2013 (external website)
- JSON for Linking Data (external website)
2. API now supports cross-domain asynchronous communication
Each CiNii Articles API now supports cross-domain asynchronous communication by appending "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" to the http response request header.
3. Displaying the link to Information Processing Society of Japan
The Link from CiNii to Information Processing Society of Japan is now displayed on the CiNii Articles search results page and details page. Also, part of character strings of other links have been changed.
|Information Processing Society of Japan||Link to the e-library run by Information Processing Society of Japan. If you have usage privileges for the article, the full text document will be displayed. *Partially free|