About Search Page
From each page on CiNii Dissertations you can perform a "Full Text Search" to search for all text of Full text PDF in CiNii Dissertations.
A Search for articles
A-1. Full Text Search
Full Text Search is searching for text in full text PDF by entering a keyword.
- Multiple keywords may be entered, each keyword separated byspaces (both English half-width spaces and Japanese full-width spaces are acceptable). In this situation, the spaces act as "AND" and all keywords are searched for.
- If numbers (numeric characters) are used as keywords, either both English single-byte characters.
Search for articles containing the terms "CiNii".
Enter as below, and then click the search button.
A-2. About search
-  • To search for a string containing spaces (phrase search), enclose the phrase in double quotation marks (" "). Note that such a search can be made only for alphabet, numerals, and other 1-byte characters.
Example: "liquid crystal" → returns nematic liquid crystal and liquid crystal polymer but not crystal in liquid or liquid or crystal.
- To search for words or phrases that begin with the search string, append an asterisk (*) at the end. Note that such a search can be made only for alphabet, numerals and other 1-byte characters.
Example: work* → returns worker and working but not homework.
- Logical operator search
- Logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) can be specified in a search as follows. Both half-width and full-width characters can be used as logical operators.
- AND search: Looks for records containing all the entered search words. When entering search words, each word is separated by a space (half-width or full-width) (excluding fields with codes or IDs), or by AND or & with a space before and after the operator: _AND_ or _&_ (here _ represents a sp ace).
Example: information digital, information AND digital, information & digital → Looks for records containing both information and digital.
- OR search: Looks for records containing at least one of the entered search words. Search words are entered separating them by _OR_ (with OR being capital letters) or by _|_ (here _ represents a space).
Example: information OR digital, information | digital → Looks for records containing either information or digital.
- NOT search: Looks for records that do not contain the search word immediately following NOT among the entered search words. The word that must not be contained in the record is preceded by _NOT_ (capital letters). Alternatively, a half-width hyphen (_-) immediately before the search word has the same effect as NOT.
Example: information NOT digital, information -digital → Looks for records containing information but not containing digital.
- Operator priority using parentheses (): Parentheses can be used to specify the order of priority among logical operators
Example 1: Adachi NOT (Takeda AND Aizawa) → Looks for records containing "Adachi" but not containing both "Takeda" and "Aizawa." Results a re returned for "Adachi Takeda" and for "Adachi Aizawa" but not for "Adachi Takeda Aizawa."
Example 2: (Adachi NOT Takeda) AND Aizawa → Looks for records containing "Adachi" but not containing "Takeda" that also contain "Aizawa." Results are returned for "Adachi Aizawa" but not for "Adachi Takeda" or "Takeda Aizawa."
B. Clearing search words
There is no Clear button for search words. However, clicking on the CiNii banner at the top left of the screen clears the search fields and returns to the front page.